Date of Last Revision: August 2017.
Through this website, we have the pleasure of interacting with people from all over the world. We truly appreciate the support! Here’s probably more legalese than you bargained for, but it should cover it all. Please feel free to let us know if you have any additional questions by sending an email to email@example.com.
Purpose and Scope of the Services
The Website and all of its services and content are owned and operated by Piloting Life LLC.
The Website provides recipes and information about family related products, clothing, DIY tips, and travel. You can gather information free from the Website, its blog, or through links to or feeds from other websites.
Pilotinglife.com does not target children under the age of 13 and does not knowingly accept users who are under the age of thirteen.
Proprietary Rights in Website Content; User Content License
All content on the Website, other than User Content as defined below, including but not limited to designs, text, graphics, pictures, video, information, software, music, sound and other files, and their selection and arrangement (the “Website Content”), are the proprietary property of Piloting Life LLC with all rights reserved. No Website Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, except as provided in the Web Content Sharing Policy described below, or except as provided by Piloting Life LLC’s express prior written permission. Any use of the Website or the Website Content other than as specifically authorized herein, without the prior written permission of Piloting Life LLC, is strictly prohibited. Such unauthorized use may also violate applicable laws including without limitation copyright and trademark laws and applicable communications regulations and statutes. Unless explicitly stated herein, nothing in these Website Terms shall be construed as conferring any license to intellectual property rights, whether by estoppel, implication or otherwise.
“User Content” means the information you have provided to us for consideration to be posted on the Website. Information may be provided in the form of comments, or, if the Website provides any forum, in a variety of additional related forms such as posts to such forums, user profile information, blog submissions, photographs, and video. Pilotinglife.com does not claim ownership rights in any User Content. By providing User Content to us, you grant to pilotinglife.com a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, copy, distribute, and display all User Content for the purpose of making the User Content available on the Website.
Web Content Sharing Policy
You may physically print material to share with your friends, a work or church group, etc. in limited numbers, provided that you clearly state “Courtesy of www.pilotinglife.com” at the top or bottom of EACH page (in a header or footer), and provided of course that you do not sell the material for any fee or compensation.
Sharing Recipes Online
- If you wish to share one of our recipes, write your own introduction (or review) and then provide credit and a link to the original recipe. A mere list of ingredients is not copyright protected, but the creative, expressive content and words of the recipe are.
- If you make slight changes to a recipe, it’s still someone else’s recipe. The guidelines are the same as in #1 above, but of course you may add your additional comments to highlight the changes.
- If you adapt a recipe and do in fact make significant modifications, you can publish your version (the entire recipe) but you need to give credit and a link back to the source (if available online).
See this page for an example of how we handled this for a recipe we adapted:
Sharing Other Content Online (blogs, social media, forums, websites, etc.)
Sharing of links is appreciated and encouraged! You may share a link back to content on the site so long as proper credit is given. You may include a short (1-3 sentence maximum) excerpt or write your own summary or introduction, but do not copy and paste article content beyond that.
Example of acceptable sharing: “Last night we made some chicken in the slow cooker using a recipe from Piloting Life. The kids loved it! Check it out at http://pilotinglife.com/crockpot-chicken-tomato-soup/.”
The above policy is intended to allow occasional sharing, however, regular and repeated scraping of content, even if only excerpts and links, is not permitted.
Except as outlined above or with express written permission, DO NOT
- Copy and paste content and publish it anywhere (online, in print, on social media, etc.);
- Slightly change the wording of articles and publish anywhere (online, in print, on social media, etc.);
- Use any photos or videos from the Website;
- Distribute any electronic documents or other Website content, whether free or paid for; or
- Share any restricted URLs for any free downloads.
If you have any questions regarding copyrighted materials, or if you wish to report a violation of our copyright, please let us know via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for sharing (properly)!
Piloting Life™ and other pilotinglife.com graphics, logos, designs, page headers, button icons, scripts and service names are trademarks or trade dress of Piloting Life LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries. Piloting Life LLC’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used, including as part of trademarks and/or as part of domain names, in connection with any product or service in any manner that is likely to cause confusion and may not be copied, imitated, or used, in whole or in part, without the prior written permission of Piloting Life LLC.
You understand that the Services and the Website are available for your personal, non-commercial use only. You represent, warrant and agree that no materials of any kind submitted or shared by you through the Service will violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other personal or proprietary rights; or contain libelous, defamatory or otherwise unlawful material. You further agree not to harvest or collect email addresses or other contact information of Users from the Services or the Website by electronic or other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited emails or other unsolicited communications. Additionally, you agree not to use automated scripts to collect information from the Services or the Website or for any other purpose. You further agree that you may not use the Services or the Website in any unlawful manner or in any other manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Website. In addition, you agree not to use the Services or the Website to:
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any information that you know is false or misleading;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any photographs of another person or taken by another person without that person’s consent;
- solicit passwords or personally identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intimidate or harass another User or Contributor;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that would constitute, encourage or provide instructions for a criminal offense, violate the rights of any party, or that would otherwise create liability or violate any local, state, national or international law;
- upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of pilotinglife.com, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Website, or which may expose pilotinglife.com or its Users to any harm or liability of any type.
Pilotinglife.com reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the Service at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability. If you become aware of misuse of the Services by any person, please contact us at email@example.com
You are solely responsible for the information that you submit to pilotinglife.com. You understand and agree that pilotinglife.com may, but is not obligated to, review any User Content submitted by you and that the decision whether or not to post User Content is determined solely by pilotinglife.com. You further understand and agree that pilotinglife.com may edit, redact, or refuse to post any User Content that in the sole judgment of pilotinglife.com violate this Agreement or which might be offensive, illegal, or that might violate the rights, harm, or threaten the safety of Users or others.
If you believe that any material on the Website infringes upon any copyright which you own or control, you may send a written notification of such infringement to our Designated Agent as set forth below:
Piloting Life LLC
To meet the notice requirements under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the notification must be a written communication that includes the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good-faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Repeat Infringer Policy
In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) and other applicable law, pilotinglife.com has adopted a policy of terminating, in appropriate circumstances and at pilotinglife.com’s sole discretion, members who are deemed to be repeat infringers. Pilotinglife.com may also at its sole discretion limit access to the Website of any Users or Contributors who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement.
Links to Other Websites and Content
The Website contains (or you may be sent through the Website or the Services) links to other websites (“Third Party Websites”) as well as articles, photographs, text, graphics, pictures, designs, music, sound, video, information, software and other content belonging to or originating from third parties (“Third Party Content”). Such Third Party Websites and Third Party Content are not investigated, monitored, or checked for accuracy, appropriateness, or completeness by us, and we are not responsible for any Third Party Websites accessed through the Website or any Third Party Content posted on the Website, including without limitation the content, accuracy, offensiveness, opinions, reliability or policies of or contained in the Third Party Websites or the Third Party Content. Inclusion of or linking to any Third Party Website or any Third Party Content does not necessarily imply approval or endorsement thereof by usIf you decide to leave the Website and access the Third Party Websites, you do so at your own risk and you should be aware that our terms and policies no longer govern. You should review the applicable terms and policies, including privacy and data gathering practices, of any site to which you navigate from the Website.
Pilotinglife.com collects email addresses from those who have subscribed to our blog post updates. This is used to notify you of new posts, but we may occasionally contact you with news or special offers from us or our sponsors we feel you may be interested in. You may unsubscribe at any time, and we never sell, giveaway, or provide any of your contact information to outside companies without your permission.
Pilotinglife.com is not responsible or liable in any manner for any User Content or Third Party Content posted on the Website or in connection with the Services.
The information provided by this Website contains the opinions and experiences of its author, Piloting Life LLC, and may also include those from guest authors, who are identified as such. This Website is not intended to provide medical, health, or nutritional advice, and it should not be relied upon for that purpose.
The Website and the Services may be temporarily unavailable from time to time for maintenance or other reasons. Pilotinglife.com assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, User communications. Pilotinglife.com is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of email or players on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or combination thereof, including injury or damage to Users or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in connection with the Website and/or in connection with the Services. Under no circumstances will pilotinglife.com be responsible for any loss or damage, including any loss or damage to any User Content or personal injury or death, resulting from anyone’s use of the Website or the Services, any User Content or Third Party Content posted on or through the Website or the Services or transmitted to Users, or any interactions between Users of and Contributors to the Website, whether online or offline.
THE WEBSITE, THE SERVICES AND THE WEBSITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS-IS” AND PILOTINGLIFE.COM DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. PILOTINGLIFE.COM CANNOT GUARANTEE AND DOES NOT PROMISE ANY SPECIFIC RESULTS FROM USE OF THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICE. PILOTINGLIFE.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT CONTENT OR MATERIALS ON THE SITE ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE SITE OR ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION IN THE USE AND DOWNLOADING OF ANY SUCH CONTENT OR MATERIALS AND USE INDUSTRY-RECOGNIZED SOFTWARE TO DETECT AND DISINFECT VIRUSES.
Limitation on Liability
EXCEPT IN JURISDICTIONS WHERE SUCH PROVISIONS ARE RESTRICTED, IN NO EVENT WILL PILOTINGLIFE.COM OR ITS DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE OR THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE WEBSITE CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, EVEN IF PILOTINGLIFE.COM IS AWARE OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
Governing Law; Venue and Jurisdiction
You agree to indemnify and hold pilotinglife.com, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and each of their directors, officers, agents, contractors, partners and employees, harmless from and against any loss, liability, claim, demand, damages, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, arising out of or in connection with any User Content, any Third Party Content you post or share on or through the Website, your use of the Services or the Website, your conduct in connection with the Services or the Website or with other Users of the Service or the Website, or any violation of this Agreement or of any law or the rights of any third party.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL OF THE PROVISIONS CONTAINED ABOVE.